- 1 Thoughts on a potential new introduction text?
- 2 How to comment properly on this wiki?
- 3 Add New Edu release to recent news
- 4 Remove the hyperlink to Minecraft's Mixer channel.
- 5 This page STILL needs to update it's version
- 6 Hasn't been updated yet?
- 7 Simplify Bedrock Edition platforms
- 8 Add links to "sister" wikis
- 9 Merge this talk page with the talk page of the editcopy
Thoughts on a potential new introduction text?
The current introduction text is very long and has, in my opinion, quite a bunch of unnecessary facts in it that are not interesting to someone who would like to be introduced into the game. Also, some things are horribly outdated, for instance the Pi Edition as well as the Legacy Console Edition are in focus; both editions aren't actively developed on anymore.
We have changed the introduction text on the German wiki quite a while ago. This is a machine-translated version of the current one: (I couldn't be bothered to translate it myself)
|— Translated using deepl.com|
This is of course only one possible text that of course still could be improved upon (it only mentions Java Edition, and it only mentions the price of Java Edition in Euros). But the main question is, should the introduction text be changed at all? What should it contain? | violine1101(Talk) 23:31, 3 January 2019 (UTC)
- I agree that there doesn't need to be nearly as much text about the history of different versions, especially the discontinued ones. There's also way too many links in the "about Minecraft" section; for example, stuff like "sandbox" and "Android" probably don't need to be linked to. There could also be a bit more information on what a wiki is and how to contribute to it, though I'm not sure how that should be phrased. There is currently a link to Minecraft Wiki:How to help in the very top section, but I doubt most people will notice it with all of the other links on the main page. –Sonicwave talk 19:34, 8 February 2019 (UTC)
- Agree with that, the introduction text should be way shorter. Also, with more place on the main page (just under the introduction for instance), we could implement the Trivia idea some people talked about on Discord at least. This section would display random facts about Minecraft (both about the franchise and the gameplay itself). • Yanis48 (talk) 19:52, 8 February 2019 (UTC)
- The intro text should definitely be shorter, but what would take its place, in order to balance out the columns? – Nixinova 05:44, 15 May 2019 (UTC)
- Depending on how much it gets shortened, perhaps we could move the "Did you know" section into the left column instead of having it be a separate row? –Sonicwave talk被同桌带回家喝奶
21:22, 31 May 2019 (UTC)
- I've Nixinova 03:55, 1 June 2019 (UTC) without the discontinued versions and moved the DYK into the left column. Is this better? –
- Depending on how much it gets shortened, perhaps we could move the "Did you know" section into the left column instead of having it be a separate row? –Sonicwave talk被同桌带回家喝奶 被同桌带回家喝奶 ,一路成年免费观看视频 一路成年免费观看视频 ,宝贝儿你的奶尖尖 宝贝儿你的奶尖尖 21:22, 31 May 2019 (UTC)
- It seems better than the current version of the page, although I still think it's too long. Maybe the historical information shouldn't be on the main page at all for simplicity's sake; it's already mentioned at Minecraft#Editions, which links to individual edition pages. I'm not really sure how to balance the columns if it gets shortened further though. –Sonicwave talk 06:40, 3 June 2019 (UTC)
- I made a rough mockup of a new main page at User:Sonicwave32/Main_Page. Basically, the intro sentence is reduced to two short paragraphs (which might be a bit too short), and the "Did you know" is moved to the right of it, with the "Play it" section underneath. I'd welcome people to give feedback or make edits to it. –Sonicwave talk 18:14, 6 November 2019 (UTC)
- I'd say that the introduction text is enough, but could be improved. I don't have any feedback at the moment though. Also to revive this conversation, I've made some pretty significant changes to the "Play It!" section on Sonicwave's. I made it so that the edition boxes are going to flex with different screen sizes. While not directly related to the shortening of the introduction text, I've also added some links for Minecraft Earth and Minecraft Dungeons articles. Any thoughts? – ItsPlantseed ⟨₰|₢⟩ 05:49, 4 October 2020 (UTC)
How to comment properly on this wiki?
We haven't used this wiki much when speaking of accounts, but we do want to help people in the 'Talk' pages. So we've tried to commenton someone's post and it turned out as a really horrible-looking reply. Plus we can't get rid of the thing that says "You recently worked on an article. Would you like to save your changes to your friends?". So yeah, we need a bit of assistance. Book and Brook (talk) 13:14, 8 August 2020 (UTC)
- First, wrong place for this type of question. You should have asked in the community portal, as was stated in the yellow message box when you edited this page.
- To answer your questions, see the talk page guidelines, which was also linked in that yellow message box shown when editing this page. –KnightMiner t/c 21:14, 8 August 2020 (UTC)
Add New Edu release to recent news
- also plz add MCE:0.23.0 for minecraft earth.---Humiebee Discuss anything with me Look at my edits 02:17, 16 August 2020 (UTC)
- I proposed it on the /editcopy subpage. – Unavailablehoax (talk) 12:12, 17 August 2020 (UTC)
This page STILL needs to update it's version
The front page STILL doesn't have a link to Java Edition 1.16.3 Release Candidate 1. I don't know why, but it has been a while since this page has updated. Is there some reason behind why it isn't there, or has it simply not been added yet? Blockofnetherite Talk Contributions 02:54, 8 September 2020 (UTC)
被同桌带回家喝奶 被同桌带回家喝奶 ,一路成年免费观看视频 一路成年免费观看视频 ,宝贝儿你的奶尖尖 宝贝儿你的奶尖尖 Hasn't been updated yet?
The main page still hasn't been updated with the iOS 14 logo, and Java Edition 1.16.3 on the recent updates section, which has been out for a week now. – Unavailablehoax (talk) 07:50, 18 September 2020 (UTC)
- If the main page is updated with the iOS14 logo, the file will have cascading protection so a new file would need to be uploaded.
Simplify Bedrock Edition platforms
Bedrock Edition platforms on the main page was mainly to represent previous editions such as Gear VR Edition, Fire TV Edition, etc. However with the introduction of Bedrock Edition, Gear VR I don't think is related to– let's say a platform. It is quite ambiguous on how we define platforms, but mostly they are used to represent OSs. Which comes to my previous statement, Gear VR is pretty much a device and not an OS, so is a Fire TV. So should we remove them from the list?
For additional information: Yes, I do realize that most of them came with their own store, perhaps we can separate store links into its own section. (please note that I'm not familiar with any of these devices.) – ItsPlantseed ⟨₰|₢⟩ 17:35, 22 September 2020 (UTC)
- To add more insight, I just realized that Gear VR and Windows 10 Mobile are discontinued. So removing them would not cause much of an issue. This discussion will be just about Fire TV now. – ItsPlantseed ⟨₰|₢⟩ 17:47, 26 September 2020 (UTC)
- Weak support for keeping ps4 and psvr merged, 被同桌带回家喝奶 被同桌带回家喝奶 ,一路成年免费观看视频 一路成年免费观看视频 ,宝贝儿你的奶尖尖 宝贝儿你的奶尖尖 Weak oppose for fire tv and fire os to get merged bc fire tv was originally an edition of it's own and fire os was part of pocket edition so i oppose---Humiebee Discuss anything with me Look at my edits 21:58, 8 November 2020 (UTC)
被同桌带回家喝奶 被同桌带回家喝奶 ,一路成年免费观看视频 一路成年免费观看视频 ,宝贝儿你的奶尖尖 宝贝儿你的奶尖尖
I think we should include links to the Feed the Beast and Minecraft Servers Wikis. It would help bring new contributors, especially to the servers wiki, and those looking for mods (because we used to host pages about them) would be able to access the mod pages easier. Fadyblok240 (talk) 02:45, 30 September 2020 (UTC)
- The links section already contains a link to the FTB wiki. I would not be against including other English Minecraft Gamepedia wikis in the links section though. Make an edit to Minecraft Wiki/editcopy to propose your change. –KnightMiner t/c 15:54, 30 September 2020 (UTC)
Merge this talk page with the talk page of the editcopy
The Main Page of the Minecraft Wiki has an editcopy for all editors (and possibly all readers) to propose changes to the Main Page. However, the editcopy has a separate talk page, which doesn't make much sense since the editcopy is (almost) identical to the Main Page. To centralize discussion, I think we should merge the talk page of the editcopy with this talk page. The archives will be merged first. Fadyblok240 (talk) 03:19, 20 October 2020 (UTC)